
Here is Sable being ambiguous. She really doesn't know what to think of me. I call her name, she looks at me and sees a blinding flash of light. And I do it over and over again. Maybe this is the look of patience.
No school or work today. Leftover day off from the holiday. I did take my daughter to the doctor for antibiotics. She has strep throat and an infection in her ear. There was a long line at the drug store at the Pharmacy counter. And, there were a lot of people coughing and sniffling.
Speaking of babies, I caught part of one of my favorite movies the other day. Raising Arizona. I didn't realize it before, but Frances McDormand is in the movie. For some reason that movie just makes me want to hold a baby. Not have a baby. When people say they want to have a baby or another baby, I don't think they mean they want to go through labor again. I like bonding with little babies. I like to see them smile at me. I like to win them over. It dawned on me a while ago why politicians hold babies. It is a matter of trust.
Well, I have about two dozen blue satin Christmas balls to hang this week. I will probably get a live tree this week-end. I hate to put it up too soon. It seems like it dries out, even though I keep it watered well. I have mostly blue lights. I am just a blue sort of person. The color relaxes me. My living room is chrome, blue and light oak. Kind of like this.
I hope I can get the kids to decorate the tree. I did so many at my Mom's house, I really don't mind turning that job over to other people. I recall one of my daughter's little friends always helping us decorate our tree. Her Mother had to have the perfect tree. No child was allowed to help decorate it. One year it was purple and gold, one year red and gold, one year blue and gold - you get the picture. Every ornament strategically placed on the tree. Nice, but at least let the kids decorate one for themselves. One of my favorite Christmas carols, Christmas Was Meant for Children.
No comments:
Post a Comment