Monday, November 15, 2004

Beautiful Chandelier


This is my friend's chandelier. From the party on Saturday night. I asked her if it was a bitch to clean. She said they have a spray now. Figures. My Mom had a teardrop chandelier when I was growing up and I had to remove each teardrop glass piece and wash them and then rehang them. It was like piercing 60 ears. I counted them. Maybe that is why I never got my ears pierced.

I did the shopping thing Sunday evening. I was ready for some marathon shopping. After business hours at the mall from 6:30 to 10:30. I never thought I would make it, but I barely covered half the mall. I was mad because I had to quit. The stores were closing up. I bought my daughter a leather belt and was using that to gather all the shopping bags together and slung it over my shoulder. It did okay except when I kept bumping into people and racks of clothes in the more crowded stores. I looked like Santa with his sack slung over his back. I let the load slip through my hand and promptly got a leather burn on my hand. Ouch!

And today I paid dearly for the late nights with a horrible headache. Actually my stomach hurts more. It could be the food they served at the Pure Romance party on Friday night. They had an appetizer of bacon-wrapped sausages called heartattacks. They also had BBQ ham sandwiches, french bread with sour cream and cream cheese dip, and chips and dips.

I made pancakes Saturday morning. Another party on Saturday night consisting of Stuffed Green Pepper soup, pigs in a blanket, my famous cheese ball with crackers, pumpkin cookies, chips and salsa. Finish with my sister's peanut butter rice krispie treats iced with chocolate chip icing.

Out to eat at the all-you-can eat Breakfast bar at Shoneys Sunday morning and dinner at Steak 'n Shake before the shopping spree. Oh my God! No wonder I am sick. I am getting sick just typing it all out. Am I out of alka-seltzer? Yes! Damn. Okay, it's bicarbonate of soda in water, like my Dad used to drink.

STUFFED PEPPER SOUP

2 lbs ground beef
1 lg onion chopped
5 green peppers, chopped

Brown the above ingredients and drain well.

Now add:

6 cans of Tomato Soup and 5 soup cans of water
1 can of beef broth & 1 broth can of water
2 tsp of Brown Sugar
2 small cans of Tomato Sauce
3/4 cup of uncooked white rice

Simmer on low until the rice is cooked.
You may eventually want to add about
another cup or so of water, if the soup
gets too thick.


__________________________________________

PEANUT BUTTER RICE KRISPIE TREATS

Melt together--(Do Not Boil):
1 cup Karo Syrup
1 cup Sugar

Remove from heat. Stir in:

1 1/4 cup Peanut butter and mix.
Add: 6 Cups Rice Krispies

Spread in buttered pan, cut treats into squares while warm .

(optional) Top with:
Melt together:
1 pkg. (6 oz bag) chocolate chips with 1 pkg. Butterscotch chips, spread on top.


________________________________________________________


CHEESE BREAD DIP


(1) 6 oz. jar Dried Chipped Beef
1 pint Sour Cream
8 oz. Cream Cheese
(1) 2 1/4 oz. can Green Chilies
(1) 8oz. jar Salsa
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 loaf of French or Italian bread.

Carve out the middle section of the bread and cut up the removed pieces for dipping.

Mix up the ingredients.

Put them in the hollowed out bread and bake at 350f for 1 hour.

_______________________________________________________

My Pancakes:

Get a box of Bisquick and follow the directions on the back. :)

Serve warm with maple syrup. If it is my daughter (NO BUTTER!)


No comments: