Tuesday, July 04, 2006

How the Manx "really" lost its tail.



Manx in the making.

Forget the stories you heard as a child about Noah closing the Ark doors on the Manx cat and that was how it lost it's tail. Nope. I think this is how. If this cat isn't asking for a tail docking, I don't know what he is doing. I stopped the car and let him continue to give me dirty looks and then he crossed right in front of me as if he owned the road or something and went on his merry way. This was a very back country road and there were no cars in sight. He was fairly safe.

Concerning the fourth of July. If I don't see another hamburger or hot dog for a month, it would be too soon. I am so darn tired. I prepared for my cook-out/fireworks party - which turned out to be a big success except for a wee bit of rain and drove today to another cook-out (with a lot of rain) and I am bushed. Beat. Knackered. All the above. Good news. I don't go to work tomorrow because I planned my vacation. I can sleep, and sleep and sleep. Well, for a while. I do have to meet somebody for lunch tomorrow.

Another great plus is I had the energy to clean up after the party so that I didn't have all that mess to face this morning when I awoke and I could relax while drinking my coffee before heading out to the 4th of July gathering.

The fireworks were great in my area, the guests were fantastic and we laughed pretty hard. Good food, good drinks, good conversations, good friends, good times. Not much more you can ask for, folks. Not much more. Now, it is off to slumberland for me. Zzzzzzzz......

3 comments:

Tabor said...

Guess that is what living in the land of the free is all about!

Miki said...

Glad that you were able to kick back and have fun! You deserve it! Enjoy your time off, relax with that cup o'joe today, and have a nice lunch with your friend!

Peruby said...

Sweet land of liberty!

My lunch date turned into another driving marathon, but that's okay. I'm home now and can rest again.