Longaberger Office building in Newark, Ohio
We went to COSI today. On the way home I traveled my old route through Newark and my daughter grabbed a great shot of the basket. You can read more about it here, there and everywhere.
COSI is the place where I wrote about the car wreck with teenagers and if the girl in the front seat had pulled the emergency brake one sixteenth of a second later or earlier the results and fate of the passengers would have been different. And they ask you if you think life is pre-determined or fate? There are many other exhibits here. It is a tremendous learning experience for children and adults. I discovered today how much difference in energy it takes to run a fluorescent bulb than to run an incandescent one. I'll be purchasing fluorescent from now on. Try as I might I could barely spin the display knob hard and fast enough to light up the incandescent one, whereas the fluorescent was a breeze.
What did my daughter enjoy the most? The Poseidon room where she got to play with water.
I enjoyed the Progress room that displayed one area of a town in 1898 and around the corner the same town in 1962. I cringe to say I remember a lot of the stuff in the 1962 area. Especially the green plastic dinosaur banks they handed out at the Sinclair gas stations.
I also enjoyed the Space program information room.
What did my daughter enjoy the most? The Poseidon room where she got to play with water.
I enjoyed the Progress room that displayed one area of a town in 1898 and around the corner the same town in 1962. I cringe to say I remember a lot of the stuff in the 1962 area. Especially the green plastic dinosaur banks they handed out at the Sinclair gas stations.
I also enjoyed the Space program information room.
From last February, they had setup a glass of milk, bowl of tomato soup, dinner roll, apple and a slice of cheesecake in a vacuum. One display was untouched, the other had been eaten somewhat. This exhibit was to show you how the bacteria from your mouth accelerates the breakdown of the foods. A side note said to make sure you brush your teeth after each and every meal. Yeah, after that exhibit - I'd say I agree. I asked a young worker who was the lucky person to clean that up and if they wore a gas mask. He said the last person passed out from the foul smell and they quit. He said that he hoped it wasn't he who did the cleanup on this display. Sheesh!
Much to my dismay there are also many optical illusions at this science center and I came home with a bit of a headache. Not to mention that I drove there and back (2 hours one way), and we ate at a very nice Japanese steak house (very tasty food). All of this adds up to one boomer of a headache. Advil will suffice, now that I am home and can relax.

1 comment:
That is a really interesting place. I didn't know it existed. Looks like you and your daughter found a nice way to spend some time together.
Post a Comment