Pretty purple wild flowers in a field of green
This picture was taken a year ago at my sister's house. She has huge fields of wild fields and wooded area behind her house. I wonder how long it can stay that way.
My daughter has charged into full Oriental theme for her bedroom. She has fallen in love with the romantic stories such as House of the Flying Daggers and Memoirs of a Geisha. I have even taken her and a friend to the dollar store so that they could get the little hand fans and all afternoon they danced and practiced with the fans. They brought up a web site that played the beautiful music of the dances and they really put on a show. The dollar store fans held up pretty well. I had to get the wood glue out later in the evening for repairs.
Now, my daughter wants a shoji sliding door for her room. I told her to get a job. She gets mad at me when I say that. LOL! I went through an oriental decorating phase in the mid 80's. At that time I had little money but only an hour away was Williamsburg's Pottery factory outlet. I still have a few vases and black lacquered accent pieces packed away somewhere. They are not expensive pieces but I cherished them and I loved the look. I purchased an orange and black wall fan. Many moons ago. Now my daughter wants to go to the garage and dig out all the stuff. Oh, the memories that they will emit.

No comments:
Post a Comment