
Could you imagine going to school and seeing this? I was coming out of the school in "cow country" this past week and this is what greeted me when I got to my car. My camera was in the car and I just snapped away while driving away. FFA is probably big here.
I dressed in my bathroom this morning. I don't know why. But, I grabbed the deodorant out of a drawer. It was one I used years ago while in my late teens and early twenties. (Uh, a new container, not the same one! LOL) The smell brought back memories like a wave crashing down around me. I was back standing in my old bedroom in my Mom's house. I felt rejuvenated. Excited for the day. Maybe I should use that deodorant every day.
Perhaps I should investigate Aromatherapy a bit. It appears that my olfactory senses bring on a lot of headaches for me. Maybe I can use the sense to my advantage.
Well, I have a lot to do. I have a family cook-out tomorrow at my sister's house. I am taking a cheeseball with crackers (of course) and the layered taco dip. Here is the recipe:
I usually place this in a round tray with a small lip, so it doesn't spill out over the sides. I use a wide spatula to spread the first layers with. And it is easier to bag up the ingredients and take to the cook-out location, putting it onto the tray there. For obvious transport reasons, you don't want to drive with a full tray of this stuff. Trust me.
Refried beans
Mixed cottage cheese and sour cream
Salsa
Shredded lettuce
Fine shredded mild cheddar cheese
Sliced black olives
It has always been called seven layer taco dip. I guess the cottage cheese and sour cream are considered two different layers, but I mix them. You can also add fresh chopped onions and green peppers. Some chop up tomatoes very fine instead of salsa. I get a couple of different kinds of tostada shells to dip with. I try different salsas as some get very watery and the dip starts to look a little bit sickly after sitting for a couple of hours. I break this into two different trays, because I don't like perishables to sit outside for very long. I leave one in the fridge for later.
My grocery store has setup a relief fund for the hurricane effort. I will make sure and do my part today while I shop. I hope that some changes will come about in an effort to remedy what happened during this troubled time. Because I don't know all the facts (and possibly never will) you cannot point the finger at any one group or person. I hope for a merciful relief for all involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment