
Some of my relatives are expecting babies. Others, are getting new additions to their families. Meet Tobias. He was mostly legs at the cook-out. He ran around completely curious about everything. He didn't want much human contact, he probably gets enough of that. He wanted to roam. Into the woods, into the fire, into the trash, into the flowers. He even tried to walk on top of the lily pads. I wish I had seen that and taken a picture of it. Or better, a movie of it.
It wasn't long before he tuckered himself out. He wouldn't sit still long enough for me to get a picture. My camera has auto-focus and he just was not patient enough for the moment. This one was probably the most I got of his facial features. The rest are body parts, usually moving away from me as fast as he could. "Who are you? You don't have food, I can't eat that black box!" And, away he would plod looking for another adventure.
I don't have much experience with puppies. I always got my pet dogs fixed and from the pound. The abandoned ones. The ones that nobody else wanted. Tobias (a.k.a. Toby) is a rescue. Some of my friends pay hundreds of dollars for a dog. I can't do that when there are so many waiting for a home. Waiting to be loved. Just because they don't have a certain look or blood line shouldn't determine that they don't get a chance.
Aw, don't mind me. I just lost all my formatting on one of my documents and have discovered that I have to do all the work over again. I saved the damn thing, but for some reason moving it from my laptop machine to my desktop machine re-arranged the html document. I am trying to find a fix without all the extra work. I think I am getting sick. Lots of people off from work and lots of kids out of school. Something is going around. Headaches, sore throats and stomach aches.
No comments:
Post a Comment