Thursday, September 08, 2005

Believe it or not

giant grasshopper


I didn't really tell many people about my side trip last week. I still can't believe it myself. It was a lonely stretch of road. I was by myself. I did have my camera, and was taking pictures. Then, it happened. From out of nowhere. I was driving along the dirt road, minding my own business and over the hill it came. A giant grasshopper.

Sweet Mary Mother of God. I grabbed my camera and resisted the urge to jam the car into reverse and get the heck out of there. I thought to myself, "Okay. Grasshoppers don't have teeth or pincers, do they? What can it do to me? I don't think it can crush my car." So I moved ahead.

flying giant grasshopper


A little further up the next hill, another one hopped into view. As if from out of the sky.

(The pictures are not touched up or added to in any way, shape or form. They are as original as the second I took them.)

I looked around to see if there was a farmhouse or a farmer on a tractor. Anyone to witness the phenomenal event. But, there was no one. Just me and my camera. I have a few more shots of the creature, but it was scurrying away by that time and they are blurry.

running giant grasshopper


Here is the one crossing the road in front of my car. I had to swerve to miss him.

I am still shook up by the whole ordeal.

What did my daughter say? "Aw, Mom. Just turn on the windshield wipers. They will go away." Ewwwww.

LOL. For more pics: www.mydeja-view.org - choose Photos button at bottom of page.

No comments: