Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Blue Lagoon

half moon lake


As anyone here knows, I like blue. I was able to capture some blue indigo sky into the pictures I took of the lake last night. The moon didn't last very long, he disappeared below the horizon soon after taking this picture. There was no beautiful sunset like last year. No pinks in the sky. Oh, well.

Regardless, I posted most all of them on my photos page of my web page. I don't advertise my page with meta tags. I plan to someday, probably not today. So, when I check my site meter for that web page (which is not very often), I am surprised that anyone besides close friends and family have visited there.

What really tripped me up a couple of months back was the rambling I did on my certain brand of computer that rhymes with smell. I don't dare mention it again, because they will pick up my blog entry here again and post it on their site - again.

What I am talking about is: this site searches for anyone mentioning my brand of pc with the word that also rhymes with it and having the definition of Hades, along with the word "support."

I mentioned the problems I was having on this blog site and it picked it up not once, but twice. The first time because I mentioned it and pointed to my web page, and the second time because I mentioned in my blog the fact that a lot of my hits were coming from that reference. So, in an effort to stop my web page from more of the same, I have refrained from referring to the names on this entry. This probably sounds as confusing as hell (whoops there is a trigger word), but what I am getting down to is the fact that I am still getting hits on my web page from that incident.

As today, I noticed one from a United States gov web site. I only focus on the individuals who spend more than sixty seconds at my site. The government? Yikes, I was wondering why are they looking at my personal web page? I just post pictures of giant grasshoppers, flowers, lakes and trees. I was relieved to discover that it was the United States Department of Agriculture. Probably researching that car-sized grasshopper citing in Carroll county. LOL.

Anyway, I like to keep my personal web page low key. I have uploaded way over my limit of space and so far, no one has stopped me. A while back I asked my provider how would I know when I reached the 10mb limit. They answered that my uploads would error out and they would stop uploading. Well, they error out, but that is because I am shoving 70 to 80 images at a time and it stalls. I just re-connect and keep on shoving. They are just pictures and the only copyright I may be infringing upon is dear Mother Nature. She hasn't given me her permission yet, but she hasn't complained, either.

Hey, maybe my provider meant 10mb per upload. Ha, ha - NOT! Last count, I had over 200mb on my site and growing daily. I keep taking pictures and I keep uploading. I just can't stop. I suppose they will pull the plug at some point, but until then I will keep posting pictures.

www.mydeja-view.com

www.mydeja-view.org

www.mydeja-view.net

A friend brought taco lasagne (lasagna) to the party last night. It was quite delicious. Tostada shells crumbled on the bottom. Ground beef mixed with taco seasoning came next. Then, a layer of cottage cheese. A layer of green chile peppers, a layer of salsa, a layer of shredded cheddar cheese. Top with crumbled tostada shells and if you wish, taco sauce. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for thirty to forty minutes until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and/or guacamole sauce.

Some variations of the recipe include using flour tortillas instead of tostada shells. Onions can be added, along with black beans and refried beans. Here is a close recipe for Taco Lasagna. I have decided that cold beer goes very well with Mexican foods. Big discovery there, folks.

There was also a lemon delight dessert. I shunned lemony-tasting foods for years, but my taste buds continue to change and I find myself liking lemon more and more. I'll look for the recipe and fix it at my next family get together.

I am tired and am recording Ladder 49 as I type. I watched parts of it and maybe someday I'll get around to watching it in it's entirety. I did not get nearly enough sleep last night. It does take time to post all those pictures, you know. My nephew keeps trying to "give" me short cuts to posting, but he just doesn't understand that I don't want shortcuts. I want to learn "on my own" and do it my way and when I have the time. For now, I will post them the long way and the tedious way. I don't like someone handing me things, I want to learn how to do it myself. He is a wizard and bless him, but I love this stuff too much to take short cuts.

It is kind of like Art. If you are painting a picture, you don't ask for somebody else to paint it for you. It is a creation - an expression of your soul. It may be rudimentary, but it is all mine. I don't create anything until I fully understand what it is that I am doing. Sure, I copy things from other sites. But, they are training html sites. They post to educate me, and I learn from them.

I like what I do.

No comments: