Monday, September 12, 2005

A beautiful lake

the lake


My friend is trying to sell her camper/site here along this lake. We have been partying here for about ten years. Someone suggested that I should buy it. My eldest sister is thinking of selling the family home this spring. (She purchased it in 1966). Someone in the family suggested that I buy it and restore it.

Both ideas sound nice. But, right now I am just trying to raise my teenage daughter, keep up my own home that I have purchased, keep down a full time job, and manage my own life. Life is good. Life is short. Damn, life is complicated. Sometimes, I just get so, so tired of it all. Take on more? I don't think so.

I have three birthday get togethers this month and a baby shower. I have been wrapping gifts and fixing crafts and food. I have a cold and my daughter has a cold. Nothing that will keep us out of school and work but just enough to be annoying.

Car needs to see the mechanic and the cats/dog need to see the veterinarian. Did I call to make those appointments today? Nope. I have three doctor appointments this month, my daughter has one plus a dental appointment. We had open house at school, and she has two birthday parties this month.

I am tired and I am going to bed.

1 comment:

Tabor said...

Sounds like you need a three-day weekend sometime this fall with nothing on the calendar. That old saying "When it rains is pours" sounds true for you now.