
A little girl at a baby shower. Every time I took her picture she had this "deer in the headlights" look on her face. Wow! Now, this gal is a doll baby, but just between you, me and the fencepost - BD wasn't all that great lookin'. It could have been the movie Whatever Happened to Baby Jane that did it for me. Spooky lookin' chick, that one.
I did see my niece at the shower. I asked her about her friends in New Orleans. She lost two. I was stunned. They will release the body of her friend next week for burial. I think she said she was flying down for the funeral. My niece is twenty-three. Her friend was twenty-two. I didn't catch how old her friend's husband was. My niece said she had talked to them two days before the hurricane. They were being stubborn and refused to leave.
She mentioned that her other friend's husband (all from that area) was a commercial fishermen. They were allowed back into the area before some of the others were. He had tried to find them as soon as he was allowed to re-enter the area. They were unable to locate their own home because the water was still too deep. They were using church steeples and other higher buildings to navigate.
My niece would have been right in the middle of this mess. She spent two years at Loyola University in New Orleans and returned to Ohio to continue her education up here at Kent for financial reasons. She told me that she would probably have not had the necessary money to leave. She has her own car. I need to talk to her more on this matter. We were cut short by the shower activites.
I am just trying to understand some of what happened there, so that if a similar situation were to happen here, I could be more prepared. I have always heard, keep your tank more than half full. I don't all the time. Mostly because of the prices. I wait until I absolutely have to buy gas. If an emergency were to arise, and I needed to leave the city, I would be in a long line at the gas pumps. Along with a lot of other people.
1 comment:
Whether you fill your tank when is it near empty or when it is half full the gallons will still cost the same. You can conserve on costs by combining trips. But, you should keep your car full or nearly full of gas. You should also keep a little cash handy somewhere. You never know.
Post a Comment