Saturday, September 24, 2005

Charlie Brown head

cookies


I'm the one in red,
with the Charlie Brown head.
I must have been six or so.

Cookies we're nibbling,
with four of my siblings.
It was Christmas don't you know.

5, 6 and 7. The first phrase has five syllables, the second has six. The last words of the first and second phrases rhyme with one another. The last phrase has seven syllables and the last words of each phrase rhymes with the other.

I don't know if this is a well-known structure of poetry (like Haiku), I didn't study much poetry. I just like to write it.

I couldn't sleep early this morning, so I posted more pictures on my web site Photos area that came from our family album. These I have to scan in and re-size. They take a little more time than say my shoulder-shots which are already in a digital format. My family keeps at me - more from the family album, more! Okay, okay. I posted 24 this morning.

I think I am going to the county fair tonight. If so, I will get some pictures of farm animals and pretty lights from the rides. I also have the October fall festival coming up. This is the campground that decorate their campers in the Halloween motif and sell crafts. I go every year.

No comments: