Saturday, September 11, 2004

Sunset on the lake



I spent the evening here listening to 6 guitar players jam, ice cold beer, warm crackling fire, food that words just can't describe, and a sky so awesome it took my breath away.

My friends and I get together here about once a month during the summer, but the sky tonight was too good to pass up. I clicked away. I probably took 50 pictures of just the sky. It was very hard to narrow them down. I tried to get one that had a hint of the sun setting, the treeline and that beautiful sky. Later the sky turned pink and purple, but those pictures didn't come out as well. Probably because of the low sunlight.

When I don't have a picture to post, I will pull one from this collection. They are just so inspiring. I will probably make a screen saver out of them also. It is so refreshing to have my own work to draw upon and not have to download other people's from the internet.

And, I can save them all in their original size. I have oodles of hard drive space, so I don't need to worry about room anymore. I take the pictures in a huge size so that when I scale them down, the clarity is there.

We sang so many different songs tonight, my voice is hoarse. What a wonderful way to spend the evening. I made my usual cheese ball and cheese tray. Someone else made calico beans, and there was hot nacho cheese sauce with sausage, and layered taco dip. Sloppy jos, hot dogs, wings, meatballs, relish tray, and fruit pizza for dessert. Good food, good friends, good beer, good weather. Man, it just doesn't get any better than that.

No comments: