Okay. I can see the neighbors putting up Halloween decorations, that is okay. It is telling me I better get on the ball. But, this morning I passed a house and they had a white Santa sleigh and white reindeer on their front lawn. They better be cleaning their garage, or something!
I hope to get a lot of good pictures this Halloween and to post the good ones here. I am in the mood for decorating. My favorites are the hanging eyes I have blinking in the trees, and my rubber casper-shaped lit pumpkin head. I like to add a little friendly fun in with the scary to take the edge off.
Oh, I got in touch with my friend I was supposed to meet last week and she had to cancel because her house was sliding down the hill. It moved 8 inches, she told me. They had to move out. She estimates that the house has been there 80 years. They are going to have an auction. They are keeping the farm. The area is well-known for having hundreds of mining tunnels underneath the land. There are no maps of exactly where they all are. That wasn't an issue a hundred years ago when they were building the mines. They are looking to FEMA for help.
What I didn't tell you was at the county fair this year was a booth that was decorated with all kinds of big signs saying "Ban Gay Marriage" - it was obviously a booth promoting Bush and the Republican party. I can say lots here, and it is all on the tips of my fingers, but I am tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment