Pretty as a daisy. That is what today looked like. Crisp, sunny, not hot, not cold, fresh as a daisy. I like the brightness and the boldness of the yellow daisy. But, I also like muted and soft pastels. The county fair is going on this week. I used to take my daughter because she liked to look at the horses, cows, pigs, chickens, goats and rabbits. And the turkeys.
She doesn't like to ride the rides and she doesn't like to eat. I like to eat. Three years ago at that fair, I got really sick. I attributed it to eating something nasty there. I had a hot dog, but maybe my hands weren't clean from the horse or cow barns. I always use the hand sanitizers they have, now. And, I don't eat at fairs anymore. :(
I always like the demolition derbies and the shows that they have. Truck pulls are nice, but too loud. I used to like the harness racing, but when they didn't cancel the racing in the 95 degree heat at a neighboring county, I couldn't stand to watch anymore. It was July and we cancelled going to that county's fair because of the heat. But they still had the harness racing in the middle of the afternoon.
What I cannot stand are the rip-off games. Nor can I stand the "characters" that stand behind the counters and try to get you to play them. They just creep me out. I always wonder about the ones that run the rides, too. When my daughter was little and I put her on one of the kiddie rides, I counted the hickeys the carnival guy had on his neck. I counted 7. That was 7 that I could see. I was pretty grossed out. Neither she nor I ride the rides anymore.
Must have really been bored today. I found this site. It takes a while to get the gist of what they are doing, but it gets addicting. Maybe it was me, but some of them began to get quite funny. I chose the open gallery and commercials.
I made mini pizzas today for dinner. That is where you use muffins cut in half, spread them with pizza sauce, and toppings of your choice. I like pepperoni, green peppers and mushrooms. And lots of finely shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake in the oven at around 500 degree Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. I always put too much sauce on. Makes it hard to eat them. The kids love them. This is a nice meal for kids to help with. They get to top their own pizza.
I remember when I was little, my oldest sister used to make pizza from the box. We used to put hot dogs and pickles on our pizza. I am serious. I think once we sliced up bologna and put that on it. And sprinkled lots of parmesan cheese on it, too. I think once I got too much parmesan on mine, because I didn't eat that stuff again for thirty-some years. I am just now getting to the point where I sprinkle it on my spaghetti.
Same thing happened with me and pepper. I was about 4 years old and my mom heard me sneezing behind the couch in the living room. When she found me I was covered in pepper. She said that I had managed to get the lid off and I had black pepper in my eyes, up my nose and of course in my mouth. I must have been hungry. I didn't touch pepper again for 30 years. Too bad it couldn't have been bread or chocolate. Oh, well. I will sparingly add pepper to a dish, now.
No comments:
Post a Comment