
The rain was not such good news to some in my area. The flooding was devastating. I can't imagine what the people are going through. And now, Florida is going to be hit with Ivan. It must seem like the end of the world is coming to some folks.
I decided to post another picture from my rain pictures. The first one looked awfully dark and this one has the sun peeking through the trees. This was the first shot taken, and it seems that the first one is usually the best one. Sometimes.
I did not sleep well last night. My daughter's doctors office had called to tell me the status of the moles yesterday and I had missed the call. By the time I got the message it was too late to call the doctors office and I had to wait until this morning to call. While on hold, you are thinking - okay this is it. Malignant or benign. The nurse could say anything at this time. Benign. Whew. Then after I hung up, I am thinking, "Are you sure?" I guess that is natural. I want so much to do the right thing. I feel like a heel not having her moles looked at before.
They said to go by the ABCD rule.
A = asymmetry (look for sides not matching)
B = border (look for an irregular border)
C = color (more than one color is suspicious)
D = diameter (bigger than a pencil eraser)
and now they are adding E = elevated (raised = suspicious).
It was quite an ordeal for my daughter. While we were in the hospital awaiting surgery, they have to get a urine sample for a pregnancy test. My daughter is 13, so they took a urine test. Of course my daughter said she wasn't worried. I said well if you are pregnant, I'll be on the floor and they will have to administer CPR to Mom.
Across the hall they weren't so fortunate. I guess the pregnancy test of one young girl of 14 came back positive. What a way to find out you are pregnant. We could hear her crying. Her Mom was hugging her. I was happy to see her Mom supporting her instead of freaking out.
We are applying the first aid antibiotic to the stitches every day. I will spare my readers and not share the pictures of my daughter's back. It can be a bit much to take. I don't care to look at things like that. I was a bit squeamish when I saw them at first, but the maternal instinct took over and I am like "out of my way" give me the ointment, this is my daughter's stitches, they need my care. I look at them carefully every day for signs of trouble. I scratch around each and every one of them for her every night. They itch her something terrible.
It is weird. Just when you think she is pulling from you emotionally and you are feeling a bit left out of her life (refer back to the Wednesday August 25th post), something like this happens and she is back in your arms like a small babe again. It brings tears to your eyes. So precious. Such a small amount of time you have to hold them, before they are gone and out on their own.
No comments:
Post a Comment