Tuesday, September 28, 2004

I miss the Maples.


We had beautiful twin maple trees in front of our house when I was growing up. I miss them. In the fall the leaves would turn a beautiful golden yellow. They would cover our front yard like a big golden blanket. Except the sap from the trees would fall on the windshields of our cars. We parked out front.

I really like the fall time of the year. As I get older, I realize that a lot of people have allergies this time of year and it can't be pleasant for them. I hope that medicine works for them. I may be getting some sort of allergy but mine seems to hit me in May.

I like the clear skies, crisp days with just a nip of cool in the air. Sometimes I like the fog. When people don't have to drive in it. I like to look out over a farm land with trees lining the hills, the leaves slowly turning their brilliant colors and a lazy fog over the countryside. I must put my camera in my car and go driving this week-end.

There is a fall festival this week-end so I will get some good pictures of that. Most of the people at the campsites decorate their campers. Some of them really go all out. I think last year one of them had like 7 mannequins. Of course they had them dressed up as witches stirring a big cauldron of brew. And some were in chains, looking grotesque. I still like the cute/scary stuff. Not that much gore.

I just had my front porch re-done with new railing. I can't wait to decorate it. I will try to find the time tomorrow evening and start getting the stuff out of the garage.

No comments: