Thursday, September 16, 2004

It was a lonely, quiet night on the ....


...lake, when all of a sudden a spaceship landed and out popped a purple alien. He was clean, neat and a very pretty color. Of course he was plastic, that is the technology of the future, isn't it? Maybe he was a purple people eater who lost his horn. No matter, he didn't have a mouth anyway. Or, not any that I could see. Good, he won't be much of a talker. He could have been a she. There was nothing down there. Smooth as a balloon.

I liked him or her immediately. Easy on the eye, pretty color, no mouth, big eyes, a big head (perhaps it held a big brain). He didn't mind me taking his picture, either. He let me move him and pose him wherever I wanted to. Never put up a fuss. Was quiet all night long. I supposed I should have tuned in and communicated telepathically. But, it has been a while since I imbibed enough alcohol to operate on that level. Hmmm. I have to reduce the activity in my brain to a quiet white noise. Then I can hear things. Others trying to talk to me and such.

No matter. I probably won't see him for a while. I will be back at the lake around Halloween. Always a big party there for that particular holiday. Maybe I will dress up as an alien and then I can fit in. I will wear the green glow outfit that some aliens wear. Lime green and grape purple go well together. We should get along famously.

I used to read all the strange and unusual books. One of my favorite subjects was spontaneous combustion. How in the heck did that happen? I am not too sold on the ghosts and such. Of course, I wouldn't be caught dead sleeping at night in a haunted house or room. Why ask for trouble? My imagination scares the hell out of me in broad daylight. I don't need to add atmoshphere too. I hate it when I get scared enough that I hear the blood rushing in my ears.

No comments: