Thursday, September 02, 2004

Is there anything more refreshing than a glass of...


...ice water? After a long, hot day and an evening of mowing the grass, just sitting in my air conditioned home and gulping ice water is such a relief. Life is hot. I have so much going on right now. School just started on Monday. My daughter is having six moles removed tomorrow and I am so, so nervous. It will be ten days or so before we know if they are cancerous or not. Talk about torture. I toss and turn at night as it is, let alone waiting to hear this news.

And what will I do if they are malignant? Perish the thought. I am already beating myself up for each time she got sunburnt when she was little. I have a picture of her in the tub and she is beet red, her bathing suit marks are lilly white. She is grinning from ear to ear. I cringe when I see the picture, now.

Isn't it just like a Mother to beat herself up? Guilt trip. Well, since I spent two hours mowing and raking outside, I have nothing done inside. On to the dishes and kitchen to clean. Both girls are out running this evening, so I didn't have to fix any dinner. That helps.

No comments: