Wednesday, September 29, 2004

My Porch Railing Before.


This is the front porch before I had the railing re-done. Bob the Builder did a great job. I will take a picture tomorrow and post it as an "after" picture. I plan to have more work done on the house, but all in good time. This old wrought iron railing was cracked and peeling. It was an eye sore.

I wanted a house with a big front porch, but I was sold on the patio to this house. Once I get the front porch complete, I will put a chair out there and maybe a tiny table to hold my iced tea and glasses. Now that I am bespectacled. It was funny when I went in to pick up my glasses. My regular doctor was busy, so another Dr. adjusted them to fit me. He asked "Have you ever had bi-focals before?" I said, "No, I have never even had glasses before!" He was like 'whoa'. I had to ask him how to clean them.

I am adjusting. I'll tell you this much. My eyeballs haven't hurt like they used to. Maybe that was the problem. I don't wear the glasses all the time. I do have them on a cord around my neck and I will put them on when I use the computer for a long period of time. Like right now, I don't need them, but it may help the strain when I sit for hours at work.

I have been using the magnified drug store glasses for the past year. The first magnitude. When I do my crossword puzzles and read a book. And sometimes the newspaper. Although with the newspaper I have been able to hold it far enough away so that the words didn't blur.

I had new back brakes put on the civic today. I took it in for it's 135,000 mile checkup. The speedometer was acting up. I kept having to hit the trip button to get the speedometer to work. When the speedometer doesn't work, the odometer doesn't work. When I turn mileage in to get paid, that can be a bit tricky. Luckily for me I have only gone to schools where I already have the distance recorded. Most of the 135,000 I have put on that car myself. I keep a car for a long time. I have taken good care of this one.

I have been looking at other cars. I like the white, two-door, six cylinder Accords, Nissans and BMW's. Cha-ching! Can't really afford them, but I can dream. I want my car to blend in with the crowd, now. Not stand out in this "gumby green." It was pretty enough. Very popular with the 3 - 12 year old boys. I received more compliments on this car than any other I have ever had. I say gumby green, it is actually softer than that. I guess it is a pastel green. Easy on the eye. Sorry about the cheesy girl on the car, but this is the only pic I could find on the web, the other one's wouldn't link.

No comments: