Sunday, September 19, 2004

Goofing off on Sunday.


My daughter goofing off with her boyfriend's hat. She would not give me a decent face. I thought this would be a good advertisement for how many pictures a memory card could hold. My nephew said "that, or one for the longevity of a battery." Oh well, it was Sunday morning and we were goofing off.

So, I have a bunch of goofy pictures of her in this hat. This is about the only one I can post without putting her mug on-line. She was making faces. She was also cold as you can tell by the big comforter she is wrapped in. That is the way it usually is in my house. I am hot and uncomfortable, everyone else is freezing.

Friday I took her and three friends to the skate place. They danced more than they skated. The owner played all their favorite dance music. They get in the middle of the rink and dance in their socks, while everyone else skates around them. The skate place has a disco ball and many colorful lights in the ceiling. She is just killing time until the football games are over and her favorite dance place opens up for the winter season. The lighthouse.

Saturday I stuffed 5 kids and me in my little Honda Civic. I had 4 in the back. Two of the girls sat on the two boys laps. Yikes. I took them to a bonfire way out in Timbuktu. They had fun. Or, four of them did. My daughter and her boyfriend were one of the couples in the back seat. The girl that was on the other boys' lap on the way to the bonfire sat up front with me on the way back; and the girl who had been up front with me on the way to the party was in the back on the other boys' lap. Seems they switched sometime during the party. The rejected girl was very angry and in a bad mood. Double yikes. I dropped her off at her house on the way home. Her father always gets angry and she had been at my house since Friday evening so it was for the best. I let the boys stay until 10:15 and then shoo'd them home. They lived right up the road.

I was thinking about my daughter having this kind of relationship at 15 or 16, but not at 13. We are in counseling since early summer, in an effort for me to get a handle on all of this. Everything moves so fast, I want to make sure I do the right thing. I have a tendency to bury my head in the sand, and with a teenager you really can't do that. If you do, you are really asking for problems.

I was supposed to meet an old school friend who I hadn't seen in close to 25 years for dinner on Saturday night. I was thinking about her on Friday, about the flooding in her town. She lived high on a hill, so I figure she would be okay. Not so. She called Saturday morning, the hill under her house was giving way. My God! You think you're safe on a hill, think again. I told her not to worry about meeting me, she had much more important things to take care of. I would be in touch.

No comments: