Nice tribute! Yesterday, my local (idiot) news broadcast was touting Vetrans' Day as a day of rememberence for all those who lost their lives. Not a day to remember those who served, or are serving or fresh from serving in the military. No mention of that. I almost called the station to inform them that the "bubbleheaded bleach blond" to stop calling it a day to "memorialize those we have lost." I didn't though, I probably would have been sued for being politically incorrect. I just wanted to know what they were going to say about Memorial Day: The best and Biggest sale day of the summer?????
SOrry, will get off of the soapbox, I do remember those lost on Vetrans' Day, but I also thank those who did serve and came back to tell "war stories."
Thank you for your kind comments, I appreciate them, things are getting better for me, here!
2 comments:
Yes!
Tabor
Nice tribute! Yesterday, my local (idiot) news broadcast was touting Vetrans' Day as a day of rememberence for all those who lost their lives. Not a day to remember those who served, or are serving or fresh from serving in the military. No mention of that. I almost called the station to inform them that the "bubbleheaded bleach blond" to stop calling it a day to "memorialize those we have lost." I didn't though, I probably would have been sued for being politically incorrect. I just wanted to know what they were going to say about Memorial Day: The best and Biggest sale day of the summer?????
SOrry, will get off of the soapbox, I do remember those lost on Vetrans' Day, but I also thank those who did serve and came back to tell "war stories."
Thank you for your kind comments, I appreciate them, things are getting better for me, here!
Post a Comment