
Splashy orange display
We went to visit the Warther's museum trees decorated this evening. Since it is only available for a small amount of time, I wanted to make sure we got there this year. I remembered to take my camera.
I got bored so I began moving the camera as it took the photo. I was able to record some colorful (albeit blurry) shots using this technique. If you can call it a technique. Most people try NOT to move the camera.
One of my hard drives has failed and since I have RAID 1 setup, my computer crashes every once in a while, so I am typing quickly. Heh, heh. I re-boot and it comes back, but I never know when it is just going to go completely dark on me, and give me the BSOD. (Blue Screen of Death). RAID 1 is where I have two 400 gig hard drives and one mirrors the other exactly, so when one drives fails, I can still have my system - just no safety net. The tech guy said this really does not work if it is Windows that fails.
I have had my Dell since May 2004 and this is the second time a hard drive has failed. Windows has not failed once - except that time I blew it out of the water. My own fault. Stupid hacker book!
I had not backed up anything since the end of September. I didn't have much. I quickly copied it to my external hard drive. I'll receive the new hard drive in the mail in a few days and pop it in.
Whoops. The system died on me before I could post. I let it rest, and rebooted. I hate this not knowing when it is going to crap out on me again.
No comments:
Post a Comment