Monday, November 26, 2007

Methinks I'll Bethink


Grand Nephew on Thanksgiving day

This little tyke is a hard one to pin down for a photograph. He tries to grab the camera out of your hand. He carries his parent's car keys around with him. And, he sets the alarm off many times. My sister (his grandmother) tells me he knows very well the difference between a toy (or dead) cell phone and the real deal. He wants nothing to do with fake imitations. This guy likes to push buttons. He is a gadget guy.

At dinner last evening my grand niece pulled my cell phone out of my purse and called my neighbor. She began jabbering away on the phone and when I got hold of it, I could hear an answering machine. I'll explain things to them the next time I see them. I am pretty sure they don't recognize my number.

I sit here this morning (my daughter and I have the day off, yeah!) and heave a big sigh at how quickly the long week-end went. It just zoomed by. The little dog arrived yesterday for us to dogsit. She is as big as our cats. The new kittens are really curious about her.

The baby (I call her Marmalade) is getting much better in the litter box area. She does miss once in a while, but it is close to the box. I check twice a day for her mistakes, but lately that has been nil.

I am cooking the bird today. As it turns out, I'll be freezing most of it. People came and went. I ran here and there. The huge bird was frozen solid and I messed up on a visiting day and so the bird awaits me. That is okay by me. I have all day. A sister and her husband may drive up for a bite. He just retired and she does not work today. I baked the pies yesterday and one is gone. I sent half of it home with a sister ( we didn't eat it all! LOL!).

I was hoping to get down to Oglebay to see the lights this year. I am going to try, but time and money do have a habit of getting in the way of plans.

Well, I am being pawed and clawed to death (cats and little visitor dog), so I am off to the kitchen to feed and water them and make myself some coffee. Oh, and drag that huge carcass out of the refrigerator, pull it's guts out and begin to prepare it. If I get adventurous, I'll charge my camera battery and take some pictures. Good grief. I need a life. Oops. The last time I sad that (out loud) I got pregnant. LOL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do have to watch what you say! Sounds like your holiday was busy and happy. Not sure I understand about the bird, though.

Tabor

Peruby said...

When I got the bird (Tusday night) it was a frozen solid 20lb rock. I knew that Friday was out of the question, so I aimed for Saturday to fix it.

I thought my sister told me we were meeting at The Olive Garden Saturday night, so I nixed that idea and decided to fix the bird on Sunday.

Seems I got my days mixed up and we actually went to The Olive Garden on Sunday.

So, that leaves me fixing the bird today. Whew!

Peruby said...

I spelled Tuesday wrong in my previous post. Ack! Too fast and/or fat fingers. LOL!