Monday, November 26, 2007

The bird is in the oven!

The bird is in and the pets are just lovin' it! They sit in the kitchen in pure wide eyed amazement. Well, okay. I do not bake that often. They cannot believe that there are such aromatic odors coming from my kitchen. They look in their empty food bowls and look up at me. They don't understand.

About a year ago the Petz Place in our town moved to the southside of town. I did not follow them there. I purchase my kitty litter and food at Wal-Mart. Cringe. It isn't that I could not find them (I never looked) but the working guys there creeped me out. You just get a feel about something and I listen to my instincts.

The other day, I decided to drop in to see what their "bigger" store was like. Wow. The good thing is I didn't see the creepy guys who own the place. There were two female workers and two, young male workers. They were very polite and helpful and they didn't creep me out. The bad thing was they had 12 puppies for sale. I must never take my daughter there. Never, ever.

The second bad thing is their prices were about 20% higher than Wal-Mart. I still might switch to purchasing it there. I just want to stop my dependence on Wal-Mart. Target and K-Mart are over forty miles away from me.

And, on a completely unrelated topic, who in the hell drew the sketch of Baby Grace? Good grief!

No comments: