
Silvery Pink Tree
Another tree from the museum. Ho Hum.
It is getting to be the time of year when the grocery store is packed, malls are packed and most of all my calendar is getting packed. Okay, not really. But, packed by my standards. I like my free time. I like a clean calendar. No doctor appointments, no animal appointments, no this, no that.
Every week-end is taken between now and Christmas. Ugh. A party here, a dinner there. I know. I should embrace it and really I do (deep down inside) but I need my breathing space. I feel like I am climbing that big, steep hill up to the holidays. Where you shop til you drop, eat til you puke and run, run, run. Sigh.
Bake, clean, clean, bake. Visitors here, company there. Clean sheets on the beds, scoop the litter boxes, wash the towels. Move, move, move!
Just unloading the groceries out of the car today sent my back into a numb tingle. Pack the refrigerator, empty the old Popsicles out of the freezer and the year old sherbet. Make room, make room!
I am getting so nervous! I work tomorrow, but then I am off until Tuesday. (Off from my paying job, that is!) Heh, heh. I'll be working aplenty. And, tell me why is it that I purchased a 20lb turkey? Why!? What was I thinking? And, a ham. The ham isn't very big. Potatoes, noodles (bag), sweet potatoes (can), stuffing (homemade), cranberry sauce (jellied and whole), pumpkin pies (store shells and Libby's canned), frozen green beans and corn.
That is just for my house (I am expecting my nephew and niece). I suppose I'll make that meal Friday or Saturday. For Thursday I go to my eldest sister's house. All the family does. I am taking a cheese ball/tray with crackers and cupcakes. I'll make and arrange that stuff Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
I am getting so nervous! I work tomorrow, but then I am off until Tuesday. (Off from my paying job, that is!) Heh, heh. I'll be working aplenty. And, tell me why is it that I purchased a 20lb turkey? Why!? What was I thinking? And, a ham. The ham isn't very big. Potatoes, noodles (bag), sweet potatoes (can), stuffing (homemade), cranberry sauce (jellied and whole), pumpkin pies (store shells and Libby's canned), frozen green beans and corn.
That is just for my house (I am expecting my nephew and niece). I suppose I'll make that meal Friday or Saturday. For Thursday I go to my eldest sister's house. All the family does. I am taking a cheese ball/tray with crackers and cupcakes. I'll make and arrange that stuff Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
The nice thing is, I have all the groceries purchased. I can stay home tomorrow evening and bake cupcakes, whip up a cheese ball and cut cheese! Woot! My nephew will be here. He is coming in from Boston/Buffalo. I have not seen him since his heart catheterization in early October.
1 comment:
You are very blessed to be surrounded by family and loved ones. I know how busy and panicked the days get, but remember to take time to stop and smell the turkey!
Post a Comment