
My Grand Niece
No curlers. No hair dye. This is just plain natural. This is just plain unfair. Two years old. This coming from someone who grew up with stringy, brown hair. Fine hair, they called it. I called it thin. Here is my Grand Niece at two years old. Already with hair that you might only find on Malibu Barbie.
Her Mother wanted to play the games I brought. We started with Tripoly. Nobody brought dimes and nickels so we played with chips. They all said they would bring their change on Christmas day. Same place. We moved on to electronic Catch Phrase. My head felt as though it would explode from laughing so hard.
Ten of us would plays games. Ten sat around and talked. I ate a piece of pecan pie. My first ever. When I was young somebody bought me a butter pecan flavored ice cream cone. I hated it. For forty years I've told myself I hate pecans. The pie was good, but I can live without it. I guess I am a Yankee.
2 comments:
I love butter pecan ice cream; it is one of my top 5 faves. I don't like pecans as a whole, cannot eat them by themselves. And although I've never tasted pecan pie, I really don't think I would like it either.
That little girl's hair is absolutely gorgeous. Wow!
sounds like a good time was had by all of the game players, and those locks are gorgeous. Take it from someone with thick curly hair, it ain't all that it is cracked up to be. Been living with my hair which I call unruly for 40+ years, and it doesn't grow past the shoulders, that is once it was cut to shorter than that length! My mom had me convinced in the 3rd grade that I needed it cut short! Never has graced anywhere past the shoulder since, grows outward like BOZO the clown if I try! Love Butter Pecan ice cream! Not so sure if Pecan Pie would cut it with me, never was a REAL fan of Pecans, put them in cream with sugar, freeze them, yummy, but otherwise, I might pass on the pie!
Glad your Thanksgiving was a good one.
Post a Comment