Saturday, November 17, 2007

Friends, Krishna and a theme tree


I think this was a Children's themed tree

I believe that is a pink pacifier near the top of the photo. If I recall, this tree was decorated in a child's theme. I have to be careful that I don't get so involved in getting photos and actually stop, take a look around me and actually enjoy the trees (or the scenery) I am taking pictures of. Warther's museum in Dover, Ohio.

Watching a movie last night "Mind the Gap" I heard this haunting song that I fell in love with. I got busy afterwards and tracked it down. It was not easy. It appears that there may be a British band titled "Mind the Gap" and when you try to look up the soundtrack for the movie, it became tedious.

I did find a You Tube with the song. Just Google "You Tube Mere Gurudev" and you should get a couple videos. I actually like the song (chant). I believe the videos lean more to those who smoke some wacky tobaccy.

And, no. You are not about to see me at an airport near you, wearing a long robe and selling paper flowers. I have listened to other chants by Krishna Das and I don't care for them.

If you have seen both the movies "Crash" and "Mind the Gap" do you see a similarity? Although, I liked both movies "Mind the Gap" was a bit grittier. It used real-looking people instead of pretty actors. No offense to the cast of MTG. I just related better to MTG. I know parts were a bit odd and out there, but they had a much tighter budget.

I'm off today to visit a very dear friend. My sister will be joining us later, also. My friend's health is not very good. She cared for her Mother for six years. Her Mother was wheel-chair bound. My friend became very ill and was admitted to the hospital. While there her Mother died. My friend was not able to make it to the funeral. It has been hard on her. She is still very ill.

1 comment:

Miki said...

Peruby, sorry to hear about your friend. I know and feel her sadness. My situation is different, but i know that the pain of watching your mother in a state of illness, and then getting ill yourself is such a terrible thing. Give your friend a gret big hug all the way from LI NY and tell her that it is her time to be cared for and to get better! HOpe you have a nice Thanksgiving, with love and joy surrounding you!