Monday, January 31, 2005

Baronet Butterfly




Okay, maybe there is like one thing I have not taught my daughter. That is what a "baronet" is or how to spell it. Probably because I myself did not know what it was. Well, it really means something in the British world, below a baron yet above a knight. Something like that. I prefer to look at a Baron butterfly.

Out of 44 Spelling Bee contestants, my daughter came in third. Falling out on the word baronet. She spelled it like I would have spelled it. baronette.

Regardless, I am so proud of her.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Just finished reading "The Program" by Stephen White--while I was in Colorado with my parents...it takes place mostly in Boulder. Look at
http://www.authorstephenwhite.com/Book_Collection/The_Program/the_program.html

ANYWAY... the whole point of this is that the major character's daughter is a spelling bee nut! It is a nice mystery...not great...but good easy reading.

Peruby said...

I thought that picture of the author (Stephen White) looked an awful lot like Keven Costner. I have reserved it online from my library just now. I just purchased a new reading light. An Ott-lite. This will give me a chance to try it out.

Thanks,
Peruby