I don't know what I am feeling other than perplexed. Some people wouldn't have any problem with what I am dealing with, others would find themselves in the same predicament. I have straddled the hurdle of saying "no" to the relative that keeps asking to borrow money. She does pay me back, but I had to learn to say "no".
Now, I have another situation. One of my daughter's friends is living with her grandmother. This just happened about a month ago. Home problems. I met the grandmother last Monday the 17th. Today she came to my house to talk to me. She asked me to watch her granddaughter for ten days in February while she and her husband go on a pre-planned trip to Arizona. Someone else is watching the girl for the week prior to me.
My daughter gets tired of her "best" friend after about 3 days of visiting. I get tired of her, too. I don't know this family very well. I have never met the Mother of the girl. What happens when the Mother comes to my house and wants to take the girl? The grandmother said that probably won't happen. Oh, really? It isn't a situation I want to find myself in. Know what I mean?
I know what my counselor would say. Tell them, "Sorry, it is just too much of an inconvenience." I did tell her I would think about it. This is a good step. I can mull it over to see just how ridiculous this really is. She said she would give me money. It isn't the financial part I am worried about. The girl gets on my nerves when she is here for longer than two hours. She is loud. I know that is normal for fourteen year olds, but she keeps finding me and talking to me or asking me questions. Why do you have cats? Do you like cats? She is starving for maternal attention, I see that. But, I can't be everyone's mother.
At this time, I am considering watching her for five days. I will meet her half way. If someone else could just take her after four or five days, I may be able to tolerate it. My counselor said that everyone dumps their kids onto me. I have custody of my niece. My nephew stayed with me for two months a year or so ago, and my daughter always has one or two girlfriends over for the week-end. My counselor said I need to spend more time with just me and my daughter.
I may have to tell this lady no. It may not be that hard, because she is not family or a friend. I will sleep on it. Oh, my daughter wanted her to spend the entire time here. I can see that she is not thinking clearly, either.
No comments:
Post a Comment