Saturday, January 15, 2005

I could say this is a tornado


But, it isn't. What is it? This is another picture of the stormy Thursday we had. Remember. I was driving while taking these pics. Yes, it is my windshield wiper.

The flooding has not affected me very much. I didn't read the paper much, but my family has been calling me to see what is going on with my brother in the town surrounded by water. Must have hit the six o'clock news.

They called him, of course, but he has been at the fire station. He does return home to check his messages, so he called them back eventually. So, once they don't get an answer from him, they call me. I live closest to him. He promises me that he is getting plenty of pictures and has downloaded them daily to his pc, and will email me some when he gets the time.

The sun was out yesterday and the day passed with no precipitation. The weather is turning colder, so if we do get any, it should be in the form of snow. Which will take a while to melt, and the flood waters should have receded by then. Oh, my spelling is atrocious today. I just misspelled "percipitation" and "receeded". Where is my brain. I got atrocious right!Maybe my brain is not awake, yet. It isn't even four o'clock.

Schools have a long week-end with Monday off. My daughter and her friends are quite happy. My daughter got her first detention of her life. She has it on Tuesday. Missing homework room. She said she forgot all about it. The teacher said she was being negligent. I told her to take her punishment. She is forgetful sometimes. As, we all are.

My daughter and her friends went to the usual Friday night dance. Her boyfriend doesn't like to dance, so he doesn't go. She came home liking another boy tonight and wanted to call her beau and break up with him. I was totally against this. For starters, this seems to be a repeating scenario. Second, I don't like break-ups over the phone. Third, is she doing this for spite or for an effect of sorts? And lastly, I don't know this new boy very well. I am not sure I care for his friend, that is for sure. Loud, brazen, foul-mouthed, rude. But, the boy my daughter supposedly likes was quiet. Oh, here we go again. I am getting real tired of this roller coaster.

No comments: