Of course, I am in shock, too. 2005? You've got to be kidding. For some reason I didn't think about it this year until last night at the eve's party. 2005? Could the song, 2525 be that impossible?
I remember in January of 1984. I worked at an establishment that had the father and three sons. Two sons were managing the business while dad kind of overlooked it all. I had a huge wall calendar that I would write on and change the month with a marker, etc.
When 1984 rolled around, I wrote on the calendar "Big Brother is watching". A female manager who had been with the company for a while, demanded to know what I meant by it. She thought I was warning the younger brother about the older brother. Or warning the employees that they were being watched. I was like "Oh my God."
There was a saleslady that knew what it meant. That made me feel a little bit better. I assured the other manager that I was referring to a book by George Orwell titled 1984.
Then there was the time I was in El Paso living. At the apartment complex we had a pool. A neighbor lady asked me what I was reading. Having some extra time on my hands, I had gone to the local library and signed out a lot of books that I never had read in high school. I told her and she asked me what I liked to read. I told her mostly I was trying to catch up on the classics. The next day she brought me a book and asked me if it was a classic. It was a dime store romance novel. I sighed and returned to my Dickens.
As for the classics, Quizilla has one for literature classics. I am Tolkien.
J.R.R. Tolkien: Lord of the Rings. You are
entertaining and imaginative, creating whole
new worlds around yourself. Well loved, you
have a whole league of imitators, none of which
is quite as profound as you are. Stories and
songs give a spark of joy in the middle of your
eternal battle with the forces of evil.
Which literature classic are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
No comments:
Post a Comment