The tail of a quickly disappearing squirrel in my neighbor's back yard. My dog loves to chase them. She will never catch one. At least I hope not. The lazy winter months have added pounds to her. She isn't the only one.
Okay, I did it. I said "no". Some of you will say 'So, what!' But, some of you will know how hard it was for me to do. I was a bit giddy afterwards, until the guilt started. I told my daughter's friend's grandmother that I am sorry, but I could not watch her granddaughter for ten days in February while she and her husband go to Arizona. I just found out the lady's last name today. And, the little friend of my daughter's. I still don't know her last name. That is how new this friend is. I guess my daughter knew her a long time ago, but since, she had moved to another school district and is now back in ours.
This lady has two other daughters. They are not in the school district so I guess it would be inconvenient for them to take the girl in. Well, I declined and although I am proud of myself, I feel the girl will be hurt even more than she already has been. Her own Mother has hit her, lied to her and thrown her out of the house. She is a bit chaotic, I think most of her personality is "too sunny". I think she tries too hard.
Wow, two no's in two weeks. Maybe people can change.
Here is my brother and his rescue crew. It appears that they are helping a man get out of his truck in high water. My brother did not send any details with the pictures. Isn't that just like a man? Brrrrr. I haven't heard from them in a while. Maybe they are busy. The snow is melting around the area, so they are probably dealing with rising water - again. The school district is still closed. My nephew graduates from there this year. I don't know how much he will have to make up. He turns 18 today. Happy Birthday, Scott!
For some reason he was named after one of my old boyfriends. My brother's ex-wife liked the name when we double-dated. A name I would just as soon forget, thank-you. My God, Scott(nephew) was born 8 years after I dated Scott(boyfriend). So 18 plus 8 = 26 years. Sheesh. I think he (Scott boyfriend) is on his second or third marriage. He had four boys with his first wife. Can you imagine? Four boys! Thank God for unanswered prayers! Yes! That could have been me! I'd be bald by now.
My luck didn't get much better after that. However, I did end up with a beautiful daughter. For that, I am eternally grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment