My daughter and her friend after an afternoon of sled riding. Whoa. Sleds are much different than in my day. I am not ashamed to say I was raised on the old flexible flyers. The ones you lay down on face first and steered (or tried to steer) with their handles. I fixed them the usual hot chocolate with marshmallows. I added chocolate redi-whip. They shoveled my front sidewalks.
I shoveled the back sidewalk and my driveway. I am feeling it today. And, we are supposed to get another five inches this week-end. I will stock up on groceries and movies in case we are snowed in for a while. It is so different living in town. Not much chance of being stranded, but sometimes I don't like to drive in it. Today is gray/brown slush all over. Splashes up on the car, on the windows and windshield. You can go through your window washer fluid pretty quick.
My brother and his wife are going stir crazy in their flooded town. I have heard they may have to release more water from the dam. Just when they got a road open so they could get out, it may be closed up again. More water, more water. They emailed me that they are getting sick and tired of it all.
I saw in the paper where my brother's fire department rescued a lady stranded in a van. She got confused because the road signs were not visible and she drove directly into high water, her van was floating, but lodged onto a guard rail. She had an extremely weak signal on her cell phone and had to keep dialing 911. The dispatch called all the area fire departments and they all went out looking for her. They found her and rescued her.
No comments:
Post a Comment