Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Misplaced my camera



I can't find my camera. I took pictures of a chocolate bundt cake that one of my daughter's friends made and I set the camera aside. I have searched all over for it. Has anyone seen it?

I can't say or think of the word bundt without thinking of the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding. "Bunnt?" "Bunt!" "Bunn?" "Bunnndddttt!" Of course I would post pictures of it, but....hmmm.. where could it be? The dog? Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised. She has cost me that much, already.

My nephew turns 28 this Friday. I asked him what kind of cake he wanted. He chose this one:

1 yellow cake mix
1 large package of vanilla instant pudding
1 large can of crushed pineapple
1 large container of cool whip

Bake the cake, let cool. You can add a package of pudding to the cake mix before baking it. I like to poke holes in the cake after it has cooled with the handle of a wooden spoon and pour the pudding (after I make it) over the cake, so that it seeps into the holes. I also put a layer of pudding on top of the cake.

Drain the pineapple. Spread the crushed pineapple over the vanilla pudding. Top with cool whip. Refrigerate and serve cold. It is refreshing on warm days. It reminds me of my sister-in-law's punch bowl cake. She makes it with strawberries and layers it in a punch bowl. Very festive.

I bought him a very nice charcoal grey dress shirt with a gorgeous matching tie. He has to dress up for work. Oracle database manager. He likes the dockers stain defender material. Arrow is also making stain resistant clothing.

He also wanted a portfolio or a padfolio to keep his papers, certificates and resumes nice. I found one at Staples. I bought myself an Ott-Lite for reading. Thanks to Tabor, I now have a book to look forward to. At least I will be reading something other than a computer book.

No comments: