Sunday, January 23, 2005

Dancing fools


When my daughter and her friends come home from the dance they are too wound up to go to bed. So they crank the music up and dance. Unfortunately, the music at the dance place is edited and my daughter's is not. While snapping pictures, I was a bit jarred by the lyrics of the songs. The girls said they don't listen to the words, they just dance to the beat. Regardless, I made them move on to other songs. I advised my daughter to download the "edited" versions from now, on.

The house was rockin' until 2 a.m. At least they weren't parading around in their underwear with the drapes pulled open. Sheesh.

Random acts of kindness is one of my favorite things to do. Anonymously. There was a gentleman yesterday who walked around the neighborhood with his snow blower and clearing people's drive ways. He did mine and I didn't get outside to thank him before he finished and moved on. The last we saw of him, he was heading up the alley blowing snow into the bushes. Others were saying similar things, an unknown was clearing their driveways, too. Touching.

Well, I broke open a box of Christmas candy yesterday. Hershey's Premium Assortment Pot of Gold. They don't last forever, right? It ain't Lindt's, but it served the purpose.If it had been Lindt's, I probably would have eaten the entire box. I should have made cookies.

Another passion is Starbuck's Vanilla bottled frappuccino. To make matters worse I mix it with Yoohoo. Try going back to regular coffee after that. Double sheesh. Somebody stop me.

I have placed meatballs in the crock pot. I used the grape jelly and chili sauce mix. I had some at the party Friday night and just loved them. I am also fixing vegetable pizza for later today. For the game. The only time I watch football is when my family's "team" is nearing the Super Bowl. I am not an avid fan. In fact, I don't understand half of it. I usually watch the Super Bowl, though. Regardless of what teams are playing.

I was folding towels during the JJ and JT episode last year. My daughter saw it, I missed it. Who cares? They show women's black breasts on PBS all the time.

Repeat Offenders. I drove my niece to her "repeat offenders" class yesterday during the small blizzard we were having. Mercifully, we did not get the predicted amount of snowfall. This is from the speeding ticket she received in November. She lost her driving privileges for nine months. Speaking of repeat offenders, one of my relatives called asking for money again. I was able to say "no" this time. My counselor would be so proud. Although, the reason was because I really didn't have any to spare this time. I have to be able to say "no" when I have the extra money. That will be the real test.

Can you believe that someone still has their outside Christmas lights up and lit? I guess the holidays were just short of a month away. It is strange how we put them up a month, even two months ahead of the day; but think it odd when someone keeps theirs up the same amount of time afterwards.

I watched Calendar Girls. I liked it. The DVD was pretty scratched up, though, and my PC kept freezing up with it. That was a bit annoying. I like being able to watch movies on my computer. I love my monitor. I haven't had time to watch the other movies. I get them for five days. I have yet to watch Uptown Girls and Paycheck. I caught about 15 minutes of The Cat in the Hat. My daughter and a friend watched Clue. They were asking about Tim Curry and what movies he had been in. They had seen him before. He is sinister looking and quite recognizable.

Well, back to my coffee and household chores. Working gals have to catch up on their housework on the week-ends.

No comments: