
Potted plant - Cincinnati
More like weeds growing. I wanted to paint the lips on the pots around the square. Add some color. I wonder what they look like with flowers (or at least something colorful and pretty) growing in them. Has it really been two weeks already?
In lieu of a vacation over the summer months I plan to take time off and re-do my bathroom. My bedroom had to be repainted before I moved in. The 70's green and blue was a bit nauseating for me. The bathroom is pink roses on pink wall paper with pink fixtures. Too much pink for me. I could live with it, though. This summer I am going to change that.
My daughter said that suits her just fine. She said she doesn't like to travel. What? How can this be? I love to travel. I used to love to drive until I started working for the schools and ended up driving, driving, driving for most of my work day. Okay, I admit. I do tire of staying in motels. After four days I begin to get really sick from a change in sleep patterns, scenery and foods. Vacations will be limited to a week or less unless it is a really big one.
My daughter said that suits her just fine. She said she doesn't like to travel. What? How can this be? I love to travel. I used to love to drive until I started working for the schools and ended up driving, driving, driving for most of my work day. Okay, I admit. I do tire of staying in motels. After four days I begin to get really sick from a change in sleep patterns, scenery and foods. Vacations will be limited to a week or less unless it is a really big one.
The two co-workers who debate religion were at it pretty heavy this morning. I usually tune them out, but when their voices were raised I listened. They are three feet away from me. The one was speaking of her pastor saying in his sermon yesterday that ALL gays are sinning. That it is their choice they are gay and that they are disobeying God. I told her I disagreed. I believe that it is not a "choice" and I believe them to be born gay. We didn't argue but it wasn't long before the topic turned to bible scriptures. For all their talk, they sure didn't know much about certain bible scriptures. I quoted a couple for them and they said "No way!" I looked the verses up on the Internet and showed them. They were floored. They changed their tune. They said "Well, you have to study The New Testament and forget about the Old one." Oh. Okay. Let's translate the Bible to say what we want it to say.
It is okay with them. We laugh and carry on. We do not get mad at one another. We let each other say what we want and go on with our lives.
I know some folks who cannot have a thought process for themselves so they cling to someone who can persuade them to believe what they say is true. Sheep.
It is okay with them. We laugh and carry on. We do not get mad at one another. We let each other say what we want and go on with our lives.
I know some folks who cannot have a thought process for themselves so they cling to someone who can persuade them to believe what they say is true. Sheep.
2 comments:
You have such a level attitude about this (religion/gay issue). I am always floored how they think they can be such experts on what being gay is all about. You're right though... we're born this way. I knew I was different before sexuality had anything to do with it. It's genetic, and as individual as each person's brain wiring (ie... the Kinsey scale of 0 to 6).
Thank you for being a rational voice.
~S
It always surprises me that religious people are so afraid. If God is on their side, why do they fear anything that is different from them. I don't believe that boxing is a sport but I don't feel a need to convert boxers to my way of thinking. Nor do I feel a need to convert muslims, Catholics, etc. to what I believe. I don't really fear them either---just find them annoying and dangerous.
Tabor
Post a Comment