
Pretty pink flower
I have borrowed this photo from my nephew's China collection. It's delicate petals remind me of sugar icing. The flower looks good enough to eat. His latest toy? A Garmin nuvi 360. Very nifty.
I am baking a cake today. I have a party tonight and was asked if I could bring a dessert. I decided to repeat the Butterfingers cake recipe. The last cake turned out very good, but did not get eaten very quickly. With only my daughter and I in the house it just sat in the refrigerator. For some weird reason, I don't like my own baking. When I taste a dish that I love and get the recipe, that is one sure way to ruin it for me. To bake it myself, and I am like "What happened? It doesn't taste the same!" Oh well. It is the kind of dessert you want to take to a picnic or a get together anyway because it is so huge and so rich.
I will also take my cheese ball and crackers. It is a sort of staple for me.
I am currently reading "Prime Green: Remembering the Sixties" by Robert Stone; "Singled Out" by Bella DePaulo, PH. D.; and "Fans, Bloggers, and Gamers" by Henry Jenkins.
We have 10 years and 4 months to plan the event. Total Solar eclipse. The closest area to me is Kentucky, Tennessee.
3 comments:
That is a beautifully formed camelia flower.
Great shot! :)
Is that what kind of flower it is? I had no idea. My nephew has the photography equipment to get the shots and the time to read the books and experiment. He is a great help to me.
I think that's a camelia... at least the petal formation is the same. Stunning shot. We have these 50 year old camelia trees... they bloom for 2 weeks a year, hundreds of blossoms, dropping them all. Messy and no smell, sadly. But I love how tightly formed and perfect the blossoms look.
~S
Post a Comment