Saturday, April 07, 2007

Sweet 16


Cincinnati - getting ready for the show

Opening a new pair of ear rings that ended up being too heavy to wear for long. Never having pierced ears, I can't relate. I do know the clip ons can pinch like a... like a.... son of a gun. I quit wearing them years ago along with rings and bracelets. Once in a great while I will don a necklace, but that is it. I don't evern wear a watch.

So, the past sixteen years have flown by, huh? I had eaten a vanilla ice cream cone, and was riding around the camp grounds near the ice cream stand. It was unusually warm weather, didn't need a jacket. After the ice cream my water broke. In the front seat of a Ford pick up truck. Oh, yeah. Two or three hours later I was having an emergency C-section. My doctor had just returned from vacation that very day. It was a Sunday. I worked an afternoon shift by myself and had worked Friday night. I kept thinking "What if my water broke when I was at work by myself?" Well, really the hospital was about two miles from where I work and 25 miles from my house. So, it probably would have been okay.

Feels like a lifetime ago. I guess it was.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

She is really starting to move away from veing a little girl, isn't she?

Peruby said...

Sigh. Yes, and gone are the maintenance-free days I used to enjoy.