
The curved building was our hotel
I loved the blue dusky sky as we walked back to our motel one evening in Cincinnati. It was unusually warm weather and there were a lot of people out and about. We needed no jackets.
One of my co-workers has a cousin who is a minister. She talked with my co-worker for three hours last evening about how wrong the gay lifestyle was. How they are confused people and their lifestyle is the reason for all of their strife in life. She also rebuked another bible verse that we spoke of. The one that states "women cannot speak in church." She said if we had read the entire chapter we would see that this was an isolated incident where the women sat on one side and the men sat on another side during the service. They tired of women calling out to their husbands and disrupting the service (you know how women can't shut up, right?) and this was the incident spoken of in the verse. We took it out of context.
Maybe so, maybe not. She went on to explain that women were men's equal according to the bible. I guess it depends on which book you are reading. Maybe I only hear what I want to hear. I didn't approach the first book of Ezekiel to my co-worker. I really don't think she can wrap her mind around that one.
I am sure her cousin has her convinced that I have been sent by Lucifer himself. I hope they prayed for me. I probably have an evil spirit inside of me, thus causing my migraines.
I am sure her cousin has her convinced that I have been sent by Lucifer himself. I hope they prayed for me. I probably have an evil spirit inside of me, thus causing my migraines.
No comments:
Post a Comment