
A white hibiscus at the zoo
Beautiful and sunny bloomed the white hibiscus. I wonder what it feels like tonight with snow swirling around it? I covered the tiny green sprouts of my hydrangea.
We saw 300 today. As if they can make this blood bath more graphic. I used to cringe when horror movies showed blood. I could not stand Bravehart or any other graphic war movies. Well, I didn't choose 300. It is rated R, so an adult had to go. Handing my ticket over, the elder lady said "Oh, this is a great movie!" I looked at her "Really?" My spirits lifted. She said "It is... how can I say it? Pretty!" I asked "What about the blood and gore?" She replied, "Well, you know it isn't real." Well, sure I know it isn't real. But somewhere, the war fought in 480 b.c. or the war being fought today - blood IS real. And, I want to know what her definition of "pretty" is. My daughter thought that some of the hard lighting on the scenery was pretty. I have to say, pretty does not come to mind when I think of this movie. Pretty gruesome, pretty awful, pretty graphic... yes. But, the word pretty by itself? Nope.
So, take the blood bath. Slow it down. Way down. Enhance spurting blood all over the screen and shower it all over the battlefield as if it were raining blood. Slowing the movements down allows the viewer to experience the gruesome detail of heads being sliced off from every single angle and perspective. Lovely.
Sound effects must have taken on a whole new art form. The sounds were deafening. Iron swords sloshing into body parts. Slicing, dicing and making all kinds of sucking sounds. If it were possible, I believe I would have hurled popcorn. Not an easy food to bring back up. My eyes remained closed during much of the onslaught. My migraine medicine was a necessity.
Alright you heathens. I carried through on my promise to take you to that dreadful display of gore. I get the rest of my vacation to myself. Wild Hogs or Meet the Robinsons. Are the movies Happy Feet and Charlotte's Web out on video yet?
Alright you heathens. I carried through on my promise to take you to that dreadful display of gore. I get the rest of my vacation to myself. Wild Hogs or Meet the Robinsons. Are the movies Happy Feet and Charlotte's Web out on video yet?
2 comments:
Pretty flower. I have no desire to see 300. Strictly too much violence which can be addictive to much of the nation it appears. Are we being desenstized by viewing this crap...I think so.
Tabor
Desensitized? I agree. The girl never got to watch anything violent when she was young. Maybe it was the babysitter's boys that turned her into this ultra-gore fanatic. Ugh.
Post a Comment