
We went to church on Sundays, but my family was not big into religion. My Mom tried church and was dismayed by the gossiping that went on there. Ta, ta! Look at her! I quit going around 12 or 13 years old. Perhaps 15 when I started working every week-end.
We were not ones to say the blessing, but I needed something for Photo Friday's challenge of Blessing. To me the first thing that pops into my head when I hear that word is a family or someone saying the blessing before they eat. I didn't see many photos of that.
2 comments:
Any blessing is shown on their faces as they eagerly begin the meal! Like you, I have fallen away from any church-going, as I, like your mom, felt too many of the folks drained any spirituality from me rather than added to it.
After 25 years of living in this small tiny town, the more I came to know the people, the more I realized what hypocrites they really were. It raised a lot of questions on my teenage mind.
Post a Comment