
I was reading a blog the other day and I recall seeing the question "What is your greatest fear?" Of course, I had to stop and think of some of mine. My daughter, my family, my health, my country, my job, my home.... anything happening to any of those. You know, the usual stuff.
Then today a random thought popped into my head. "Discovering that we have no purpose whatsoever in this Universe." What if? What if there is NO reason to us? Next thought 'there has to be a reason'. So, that is my greatest fear after all of the others listed above. Or, maybe it should be first, I don't know. Who is to say?
Some say we are not supposed to know. They why do we seek to know?
Reminds me of a poem I wrote long ago, that started with:
"Why are we here on this tiny planet?"
Why are any of us here? Are we some ant farm being observed? Are we an experiment? Is this a stage in the process of reaching Nirvana? Are we some sort of seeds strewn across the Universe to ensure survival of the species? Is this some sort of test to see what kind of soul/heart/spirit we have inside? If that is the case, why even bother with randomness? Why not just create good souls in the first place? Or, do bad souls help to shape good ones?
We are the only living form on the Earth that questions our existence.
So now you are probably wondering who is writing this post and what did I do with Peruby?
4 comments:
I think what you have said is the real truth of people!!!!!
My worst fear is not being able to breathe on my own.
I have often wondered that very same thing, why are we here? I asked myself once and never got an answer, so I never asked me again. That should teach me.
I am thinking a lot of my Saturday posts have to do with the Photo Friday Challenge theme.
This week was "Sentimental" and I look at the other Photo entries and I must have become sentimental. Hence the post about "Why are we here?"
Anyway, I get this question every few years. Usually when I am feeling philanthropic.
What DID you do with Peruby? :-)
Post a Comment