Friday, March 23, 2007

Sentimental

He's just a little itty, bitty thing. Solid something. Maybe brass, maybe copper. He was gold when I played with him 40 years ago. He turned black from age and dirt. I cleaned him up for his close up. He turned a pinkish copper. It is something I loved when I was a little girl in my Mom's house. It has a lot of sentimental value to me. He was made in Japan. It says "Japan" three times on his underside. Of course looking very closely at his underside I realized I should have been calling him a "she" all along. Pardon me.

My niece has pink eye, my daughter has a sinus infection. It has rained so much our entire yard feels like a huge sponge. The sidewalk is flooded in spots and it is gray and dreary outside. Red Lobster cheered me up. My niece talked me into getting a "Lobsterita". This is a huge margarita. I chose the raspberry flavor with salt around the rim (never sugar!). I drank it very quickly because when the food comes and I begin to eat, I can't drink alcohol any more. We had a party of 8 tonight and we laughed and told great stories.

Two of my family members are heading for China tomorrow. One two hour flight, then a five hour lay over. Then a 12 hour flight, change planes and then another long flight. Ugh. They didn't get assigned to the same airplane. Bummer. There are 40 going altogether from Kent State. My niece gets to room with the tour guide, and they say this is great because she will take them to all the little extra places in the evenings after the "official" tour.

No comments: