
This is why Jasper jumps up in my lap
Yeah. I can complain all I want about my animals. They are always under my feet, always begging for food, always jumping up in my lap. They seem to know when I plan to get up to go do something, because that seems to be when they jump in my lap.
They just want a little lovin' like Jasper does. To get the photo above, I put the timer on 10 seconds, and held the camera with my chin. Jasper keeps his eyes closed because of the flash.
I get the "dummy" award today. I went to help some co-workers move some office equipment this morning. During lunch my neck began to hurt. It really started to hurt. Driving home (about an hour) my shoulder and neck began to "freeze" up on me. It was Interstate so I didn't have to turn my head like I would at a stop sign or turning onto another road. It was still very, very painful. I kept thinking to myself, "Wait until you get back into town and call the doctor." Many thoughts go through my mind. The nurses at the office will think I am a baby, or the doctor will. (This comes from being the youngest of 8 and always being called 'the baby' because I cried a lot, I guess).
I got into town and I called at 12:38. Answering service. Doctor and staff were at lunch. I called back at 1:32. Still the answering service. I tried to call back at 1:50. Busy signal until 2:15. Finally I got through. For a "pulled muscle" the doctor has to see me. Tomorrow morning at 8 was the earliest. Whatever, I'll take it. Advil wasn't working.
I sat at my desk for another twenty minutes, barely moving. I recall the doctor saying if I get a pulled muscle to go and get a massage. I called the one she recommended. Booked all evening. She gave me two other numbers. I left a message with both.
When it was time to go home, one of them returned my call and said she could see me for 30 minutes. I have never had a "professional" massage before and I am thinking I never will again. This was not pleasant. I do not know if it was because I was in so much pain from the pulled muscle or what. I will tell you this. If you want to try a massage go when you are stressed, but not in pain. I was so tense. Of course she kept telling me my back was a mess, blah, blah, blah. It was probably still messed up from the shovelling I did a month ago. When I would relax during the massage, my shoulder/neck would spasm into pain.
I don't like being a baby. Right now it hurts but it is bearable. Enough Advil and Reeses Pieces can do that for me. My heating pad is calling me. The lady did tell me not to overdo it with the heat. That the area was already inflamed and just a little heat would do if I had to.
I have had pulled muscles before, many times. It is just uncomfortable for a few days. This one was different. It felt as if somebody was taking a hot curling iron and laying it on my left shoulder every five minutes or so. Aarrgghhh! That burning feeling was something I had not experienced before. The burning has stopped for the most part. I hope it never comes back. I am keeping my appointment with my doctor tomorrow morning, but I don't think I will be calling for another massage any time soon. Of course it is supposed to be "great" for migraines. I am sure, but the Insurance company pays for prescription medications, not massages. When they pay for massages, I will get them for migraine relief.
Some folks may say "Try another masseuse" but honestly, I am kind of glad it hurt. That way I don't go back and spend money on it. All I need is another monthly (in this incident, weekly) expense. Like everybody else in America, I am feeling the pinch of higher prices.
I don't like being a baby. Right now it hurts but it is bearable. Enough Advil and Reeses Pieces can do that for me. My heating pad is calling me. The lady did tell me not to overdo it with the heat. That the area was already inflamed and just a little heat would do if I had to.
I have had pulled muscles before, many times. It is just uncomfortable for a few days. This one was different. It felt as if somebody was taking a hot curling iron and laying it on my left shoulder every five minutes or so. Aarrgghhh! That burning feeling was something I had not experienced before. The burning has stopped for the most part. I hope it never comes back. I am keeping my appointment with my doctor tomorrow morning, but I don't think I will be calling for another massage any time soon. Of course it is supposed to be "great" for migraines. I am sure, but the Insurance company pays for prescription medications, not massages. When they pay for massages, I will get them for migraine relief.
Some folks may say "Try another masseuse" but honestly, I am kind of glad it hurt. That way I don't go back and spend money on it. All I need is another monthly (in this incident, weekly) expense. Like everybody else in America, I am feeling the pinch of higher prices.
No comments:
Post a Comment