Monday, March 12, 2007

Muted Morning


My sky this morning

Time change stinks. I did get a kick out of my cats, though. When I opened my bedroom door an hour early they looked at me like "What the...?" I stumbled to the kitchen, fed them, let the dog out and started my coffee. Well, okay. I did start my coffee first.

Driving to work I noticed the pink and periwinkle sky. My camera had been in the car all night and I grabbed it when I parked my car and took one shot from the lot. One shot. Then the camera shut down. The battery was weakened by being left in the car all night long in the cold. Oh, well. That's all I get.

I am on the second floor and there is a door that opens onto the roof. I was going to open it to see if I could get some better shots, but it was not to be. Bummer. I was thinking about getting a new camera this year, but I am still having so much fun with this one. I did get a nice tripod and I can hardly wait for warmer weather when I can set it up outside in a field or a park somewhere.

My co-worker brought in a Butterfinger cake today. I had not tasted one before. Now, I have to make one. It was so-o-o-o delicious. Have mercy. This recipe is close to the one she used. Except she used butterscotch topping instead of caramel. You can use either one. I don't like cake when it is dry, and this one is moist and kept refrigerated so it is cool and delicious. Yum.

We are currently watching The Birdcage with Robin Williams, Nathan Lane and Gene Hackman. It is one of my favorites.

My daughter turns 16 next month. People say to me "Time flies, doesn't it?" I reply "It has been the longest 16 years of my life!" They laugh. You know I love her to pieces. She is my sunshine, my joy.

1 comment:

Shephard said...

gorgeous photo! Wow!
~S :)