Monday, March 05, 2007

Old Barn


Old abandoned barn in Coshocton County

This was from two weeks ago. A set of photos that I guess I more or less forgot about and neglected to post any of. I did do an Album on my Photo Album page. If you want to see more of those photos the link is on the right column of this blog.

This was the set where I said a black lab ran along side my car. He was so very friendly and I was going so slow I was able to take a couple "shoulder shots" of him before I moved ahead because I didn't want to encourage him to chase cars and I most certainly didn't want to hit him. Or, her.

It was very picturesque that morning. The previous two days had brought snow and an ice storm. Like some crazy fool I decided to take a long route and drive on some half paved county roads to get to my destination. A little school out in the sticks that was on a two hour delay, so I was able to take my time. The morning weather allowed for the fog to form off of the snow and created an eerie, mysterious and romantic backdrop for most of my photos.

It ain't colorful, but it has it's own beauty. Our Ohio winters. You just have to keep looking until you find it. In the meanwhile, I'll drink my hot chocolate and cuddle under a blanket. We do hear birds singing in the trees in the mornings, though. Wind howling at night and birds singing in the morning. All is right with the world.

1 comment:

Shephard said...

I'm all for any excuse to drink hot chocolate. :)
~S