
My addiction
The challenge for Photo Friday this week is "Addiction". This is what I have been eating since I pulled a muscle in my neck Thursday morning. I went to the doctor this morning and my beloved teal translucent pills have been replaced with a muscle relaxer and an NSAID. I don't care for NSAID's. I'll probably stop taking them and return to the ibuprofen above. When you click on the photo to enlarge it, the gel capsules look like cucumbers.
At first when I cropped the photo, I though "Good, it doesn't display the brand name, even though to some the color is a dead giveaway." Then when I looked a bit closer to the one in the bottom of the frame, I see the name. Oops.
I recall the first time I tried ibuprofen. It was in the early 90's, I am thinking. It made me so sick. I had a migraine and the ibuprofen didn't sit well with me. Somewhere over the years it did begin working for normal tension headaches and I use it. I find that the liquid gels do work faster. Or I imagine that they do.
My doctor checked over my neck and shoulder and told me there was no permanent damage. I am to rest this week-end. A few hours after the first dose I was cleaning up out in the yard. It was such a beautiful and sunny day. I figured I needed my vitamin D. I caught myself. Stop what you are doing and go back inside. When I sat back down the burning had already started on my left shoulder. Stupid, stupid.
It is hard for me to sit still in one place for a long time. I found myself sinking down into my chair with a cat on my lap and one on the headrest by my head. I couldn't move. Not without great pain. That is the way it was trying to sleep last night, also. My neck hurts when I lay down and when I sit too long in one place.
I recall the first time I tried ibuprofen. It was in the early 90's, I am thinking. It made me so sick. I had a migraine and the ibuprofen didn't sit well with me. Somewhere over the years it did begin working for normal tension headaches and I use it. I find that the liquid gels do work faster. Or I imagine that they do.
My doctor checked over my neck and shoulder and told me there was no permanent damage. I am to rest this week-end. A few hours after the first dose I was cleaning up out in the yard. It was such a beautiful and sunny day. I figured I needed my vitamin D. I caught myself. Stop what you are doing and go back inside. When I sat back down the burning had already started on my left shoulder. Stupid, stupid.
It is hard for me to sit still in one place for a long time. I found myself sinking down into my chair with a cat on my lap and one on the headrest by my head. I couldn't move. Not without great pain. That is the way it was trying to sleep last night, also. My neck hurts when I lay down and when I sit too long in one place.
1 comment:
I know the pain you are going thru, I've been there. I now take 2 Advil capsules every morning just to keep the pain patrol away.
*
Thanks for the info on my background. I found that in my template but I don't want to erase it, I want to replace what I have with something new as a background.
My problem is now that I would have to remove the background of whatever photo I decide to use. But I have to buy the software to do so. If I use a regular photo it won't look right on my blog. I also need to find something the same size as what's on there now. The person that did that for me must have stitched Junior and the #8 block together. I know what to do once I get what I want on the background; the problem is finding the right photo and buying the software to delete it's background so that I have a silhouette type image left like what is on now. Sorry this is so long. Hope I explained myself right.
Post a Comment