
Well, I have heard the old saying that for men, "wrinkles add character." If that is the case, then Robert Redford is one of the most characteristic men in the movies today.

I watched "The Clearing" this past week-end. I thought he looked bad in "The Horse Whisperer." I applaud the celebrities who refuse to get plastic surgery and eye lifts and other stuff, but wow. Just wow. Maybe it is the ruddy complexion. But, hey! He still has the hair! That looks great!
There was this one scene in the movie, where he is walking and he is soaked by the rain. He is pale, wet and he looks like the walking dead. I was just heart broken. Not that I ever cared for his character in any films much, anyway. The only movie I really liked that he was in was "Out of Africa". And, I didn't particularly like his character in that movie.
Here is Robert from a few years back.

Beautiful character. Sigh. I don't mean to sound shallow (I know, too late). And, I do apologize. It just caught me off-guard. I guess I realize that time is marching on and we tend to get caught up in the artificial, made up wonder of Hollywood. Maybe, instead, I should applaud Mr. Redford for sticking to the reality of life. It just didn't look healthy to me. Forget beautiful, he just doesn't look healthy.
Coming from the speakers: The Way We Were by Barbra Streisand.
1 comment:
When I saw The Cleairng at the theatre on the big screen I also thought he looked really drained and old. But actually that was the role he was supposed to be playing...so maybe they purposely made him look at death's door.
Post a Comment