Friday, July 01, 2005

NOW - You're messin'

note


Above is the 'thank-you' note I received from Dell. I have included the book that got me into trouble last October 2004 with my Dell and a speaker for "Hear me ROAR!"

The more I write my experience out about this latest incident, the angrier I get. Looking back, re-reading the ordeal, I can see where things began to go wrong. For me, if I am to blame, I should have never mentioned the word "virus". For Dell - well, I will leave that up to the readers. www.mydeja-view.com/ramblings.htm.

Oursourcing is an interesting word. Dell kept refusing to deal with a virus because it was a "third-party" application. Well, when I looked outsourcing up in Wikipedia, it mentions that outsourcing is a function performed by a "third-party" service provider. Can I refuse to talk to their technicians who only speak English as a second language? They have apparently "third-partied" their tech support. Hell, I could barely understand them. I grew weary of asking the technician to re-peat themselves.

And, just for the record: Picture Arnold Schwarzenegger in Kindgergarten Cop saying "IT IS NOT A TUMOR!" Then, you can picture me screaming at Dell,
"IT IS NOT A VIRUS!"

Moving on!

Watched Racing Stripes last night. I didn't see it all, I got a phone call. It was fun to try and figure out who the voices were before looking them up on the Internet. www.imdb.com helps out a lot in that area. I also used the web site when someone asked me if Don Knotts had died? I was pretty sure he was still with us and this web site confirmed that fact.

The Park in my town sets up fireworks every year for my holiday cook-out, and can be seen from my front lawn. Isn't that so nice of them? I have a family/friend cook-out the Saturday closest to the 4th of July every year, and bless their hearts, my town arranges their fireworks for me and my visitors to enjoy. The same evening. Every year since I have moved to my house in 2002. How special is that?

So, on that note, I had better get my butt in gear and start preparing. I need to go to the grocery store and start fixing stuff! It has been an uneventful week off from work. I did a little pc work, a little travelling adventure, a little re-modeling to a bedroom, a little cleaning of closets, and now on towards the
Le Piece de resistance. My annual cook-out. Cheerio!

I know that I have probably used this song before in my archives, but it rings so true while working with the Dell Support team recently. Most of the words apply to my nightmare with them.

Coming from the speakers: Hair Of The Dog by Nazareth.

2 comments:

boabhan sith said...

That's mighty nice of your town, LOL.

Peruby said...

Yeah, and when we couldn't see some of the fireworks because of the trees, we would yell "Higher" and darn if they didn't shoot them suckers higher!

LOL